9 Home Remedies for Arthritis & Joint Pain
There is a list for natural methods to relief arthritis to manage the pain and ease the symptoms.
- Turmeric & Ginger Tea. …
- Epsom salt soak. …
- Get more magnesium (seriously.) …
- Lubricate With Extra Virgin Olive Oil. …
- Dandelion Leaves. …
- Blackstrap Molasses Drink. …
- White Willow Tea (the original aspirin) …
- This healing tradition is based on the ancient medical premise that “like cures like.” In other words, a natural substance that potentially causes a particular illness in the body can be used in a significantly diluted form to prompt the body to combat the illness and related symptoms
Rhus tox is best suited for people who experience symptom improvement from moving but tend to get stiff from rest.
Bryonia is best for people whose symptoms worsen from movement.
Apis is suitable for people with hot, burning, stinging pain and swelling.
Belladonna is best suited for people who experience a rapid and violent onset of throbbing arthritic pain and red, hot, and swollen joints.
Homeopathic remedies come in different potencies. The typical dosage is to start with a 6X or 30X remedy, taking three or four pellets and allowing them to dissolve under the tongue every 15 minutes for the first hour or two. After that, a typical dose is three pellets, three times daily. If you don’t see any improvement, a different remedy choice may work better for you.
What is Rheumatoid Arthritis
Rheumatoid Arthritis is an auto-immune disease that causes inflammation of the joints. This inflammation is chronic in nature and does not subside on its own. It causes destruction of the joint tissue. Rheumatoid Arthritis causes pain, swelling, stiffness and deformities in the joints. It affects a large number of people and can make it difficult for them to lead a normal life. It tends to limit the range of movement of the joints and consequently can make it difficult to do the normal day to day chores. Rheumatoid Arthritis or RA tends to occur more commonly after 40 years of age. This does not mean that it cannot occur in younger patients but it is more commonly seen in patients who are above 40. Similarly, more women are affected than men though the reason for the same is also not known.
1. Causticum-one of the best Homeopathic remedies for Rheumatoid Arthritis causing deformities
Causticum is one of the best Homeopathic remedies for Rheumatoid Arthritis where there are deformities in the joints. The patient tends to get weak over a period of time, with muscles losing their strength gradually but surely. The patient tends to be restless at night with the restlessness being centred more on the legs than any other part of the body. There may be contractions in the tendons causing severe pain and deformities. The pains are usually tearing and drawing in nature. In some cases, burning pains are also found. There is numbness and loss of sensation in the hands and other parts of the body. The muscles of the forearm and hands become weak and make it difficult to grip anything firmly. The ankles seem to be weak and cannot bear the weight of the body causing pain while walking. The gait may be unsteady and one even tends to fall while walking. The pains are better by warmth and more so from the warmth of bed.
Caulophyllum – Homeopathic medicine for Rheumatoid Arthritis affecting small joints
Caulophyllum, another very good Homeopathic medicine for Rheumatoid Arthritis, is primarily a woman’s remedy, which means that the symptoms pointing to its use are found more commonly in women. It affects the small joints much more as compared to the larger joints of the limbs. Therefore, it is more useful for the Rheumatoid Arthritis of the fingers of the hand and toes of the foot. The pains are erratic or flying in nature ie they change their position every now and then, in a matter of minutes. The patient feels pain in the right hand for some time and afterwards the pain gets better on its own but the pain starts to affect the left hand; then the pain in the left hand stops and shifts to a foot. The pain is severe and drawing in nature. The wrist joints ache and there is cutting pain on closing the hand.
colchicum – Most common Homeopathic remedy for Rheumatoid arthritis
Colchicum has been the mainstay of the treatment, when it comes to Homeopathic remedies for Rheumatoid Arthritis and rightly so. It is more suited to the chronic rheumatic states. It tends to affect all tissues like periosteum, synovial membranes and muscular tissues too. The parts tend to be inflamed as is evident from the redness, heat and swelling of the concerned parts. The pains are tearing in character and get worse in the evening and at night. The patient cannot afford to get the joints touched, so much is the sensitivity. There may be a feeling of pins and needles in the hands and fingers. The tips of the fingers may be numb. There is stiffness in the joints and feel warm or feverish. The patient feels a sense of tingling in the finger nails. The problems tend to get aggravated in the warm weather.
4. Ledum Pal-Homeopathic remedy for Rheumatic Arthritis of feet
The defining characteristic of Ledum in the treatment of Rheumatic Arthritis is that the rheumatism begins in the feet and later on spreads upwards to other joints of the body. The other important distinguishing characteristic of this remedy is that the patient feels cold and chilly but still cannot tolerate warmth of his bed. The small joints of the foot are more commonly affected with shooting pains. The ankle may be swollen and so may be the great toe. The pains are worse at night and better from cold or putting the feet in cold water.
5. Bryonia- one of the best Homeopathic remedies for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Bryonia, another wonderful homeopathic remedy for rheumatoid arthritis, affects almost all joints and the serous membranes of the joints causing swelling and pain. The defining characteristic of this medicine happens to be the pains that it causes. The pains are stitching in nature and are aggravated by motin of any and every kind while the patient feels better when at rest. The joints are red and swollen with tearing and stitching pains. The patient feels worse in warmth and in warm weather and is better by lying on the painful side or by pressure and by cold.
Homeopathy remedies for Indigestion, Nausea, Vomiting and Upset Stomach.
Antimonium crudum: vomiting after eating or drinking, constant belching, white coated tongue from overeating or even from eating indigestible food.
- Arsenicum: cannot bear sight or smell of food; burning pains in abdomen relieved by heat burning sensation with diarrhoea.
- Bryonia: The stomach feels heavy after eating. sensitive to touch, when burping the taste in the mouth is bitter, thirsty for drinks (cold water) and may vomit from drinking warm drinks. Stitching, tearing pains, worse from the slightest movement; vomiting of bile or water. Irritable.
- Carbo vegetabilis: gas and belching after eating; even the simplest food that disagrees with the person. Averse to meat, milk, and fatty foods; wants clothing loose around abdomen; chilly, better from cold; craves fresh moving air, like from being fanned.
- Chamomilla: has a bitter taste in the mouth, one side of the face (cheek) may be red and hot and the other side of the face (cheek) pale and cold. Indigestion after a fit of anger or irritability, abdomen distended with gas, cramping; extreme restlessness, anxious tossing; very sensitive to pain.
- Colocynthis: has the feeling of severe abdominal cutting pain causing the person to crouching position, it’s worsen from anger or indignation, better with strong pressure and warmth.
- Ignatia: sour belching; craves food that doesn’t agree with them(fatty food, rich food) this might occur after receiving bad news or shock, sensitive, nervous and excitable.
- Ipecac: constant and frequent nausea feeling, excessive saliva, gripping intestinal pains, tongue clean, worse by smelling of food; usually a great deal of vomiting, sometimes continuous; also diarrhoea with nausea; better with the slightest motion.
- Nux vomica: heartburn; abdominal bloating a few hours after eating; empty retching; headache; drowsy; mentally dull; very sensitive to noise, odors, light, irritable; worse with eating, open air; better from uninterrupted nap and warmth; hard driving personality; illness after over-work, overeating, use of alcohol, coffee or other drugs; often used for hangovers.
- Phosphorus: the remedy is similar toArsenicum which has a lot of vomiting and diarrhoea, burning pains, weakness, anxiety, and restlessness, phosphorus has a sour taste and belching; nausea worse with drinking warm drinks, great thirst for cold water which is vomited as soon as the cold drink becomes warm in the stomach. Vomiting blood; sense of emptiness and weakness in abdomen; if the person is on empty stomach and is feeling hungry they might stay awake at night.
- Pulsatilla the person who needs this remedy experiences heartburn, dry mouth with bad taste, queasiness; sense of heaviness in the stomach after eating; tongue coated thickly with white or yellow material; averse to fatty foods; wants clothing loose around abdomen; peevish, weepy; wants sympathy and comfort. Indigestion due to improper diet, especially rich, fatty foods, ice cream.
- Veratrum album: person for the remedy feels cold to touch, cold sweat, especially on the forehead, person feels chilly, exhausted, even collapse, cramping in extremities cases.
Depression is becoming more and more common than you might think. In fact, mental health conditions, such as Depression is a serious medical condition which is increasing in modern society and affecting lot of people and their families.
Many people are never even diagnosed with depression they continue their life’s feeling empty inside!
At some point of time everybody experience depression in some form this could start as feeling low, being bullied, exam pressure, or Everyday life becoming successful in life, having a family, battling a medical condition, or even having suicidal thoughts, these are all forms of depression which isn’t looked into enough!
A lot of people suffer in silence for years, before they seek help or even start to talk about how they are feeling. It’s very important for people to understand talking about their feelings isn’t admitting defeat! or declaring that something is wrong with them. The key to overcome depression is being open about it, acknowledging depression is the first stage to get Help
Why you should Use Homeopathic Remedies for Depression?
Some people might tell you that depression is all in your head, and you should go speak to a psychiatrist.
You may also fear the thought of taking antidepressants (the conventional treatment for depression) We will look into more of these Homeopathic remedies in more details further down the list, lets first, look at the adverse effects of antidepressants.
Side effects of Conventional Medical Treatment for Depression
It is important to note that drug companies only need to provide the FDA with two positive antidepressant studies to gain approval for a particular drug, even though they may also submit several more negative trials.
Not to mention, there are also numerous adverse effects associated with antidepressants. The list includes:
anxiety, dry mouth, blurry vision, insomnia, headaches, nausea, weight gain, agitation, and digestive issues such as diarrhoea, abdominal pain, or constipation.
A person on antidepressants may also experience a decreased desire for sex and have issues achieving an orgasm. Men may also have a problem attaining an erection.
Causes and Symptoms of Depression
Homeopathy for depression is not easy to access, When being diagnosed with Depression they should have four to five symptoms associated with depression these signs include the following lasting for about a month.
- Feelings of guilt
- Physical inactivity or hyperactivity
- Difficulty concentrating
- Insomnia / sleeping too much
- Worthlessness, pessimism, and hopelessness
- Persistent sadness
- Thoughts or attempts of suicide
- Poor / increased appetite
- Weight loss or weight gain
- Decreased interest in pleasurable activities
- Decreased energy and fatigue
Overall, there are various reasons a person may be diagnosed as clinically depressed. Chemical changes in the Brain, may lead to mood disorders. For instance, low serotonin levels are associated with anxiety, irritability, impulsiveness, aggressiveness, and depression. These symptoms also start changing for the worse due to serotonin levels dropping further.
It is also essential to address other possible underlying causes and associated conditions, including nutrient deficiencies, excessive alcohol consumption, hypoglycemia, diabetes, lowed thyroid function, low adrenal dysfunction, food allergies, premenstrual syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis, lung disease, heart disease, chronic pain or inflammation, liver disease, multiple sclerosis, seasonal affective disorder, and cancer.
Prescription drugs linked with depression include sedatives and tranquilizers, corticosteroids, antihistamines, blood pressure-lowering drugs, anti-inflammatory agents, and birth control pills. Heavy metals, solvents, pesticides, and herbicides are also known to lead to depression and other neurological and psychological conditions. A stressful life situation may also trigger depression, such as a divorce, death of a loved one, or loss of a job.
List of Homeopathic Remedies for Depression
Here are a list of several homeopathic remedies for depression that can complement a natural treatment.
Arsenicum album, Aurum metallicum, Calcarea carbonica (calcium carbonicum), Cimicifuga, China, Causticum, cadmium Sulphuricum, Graphites, Ignatia amara, Kali phosphoricum, Lachesis muta, Lycopodium, Natrum carbonicum, Natrum muraticum, Pulsatilla nigricans, Platina, Phosphoric acid, Sepia, and Staphysagria, Sulphur, Thuja,
Homeopathic Remedies Used in the Treatment of Depression
The challenge is to find the homeopathic remedy that best fits the personality and symptoms for your symptoms. Here are some top homeopathic remedies for depression.
- Arsenicum Album: It is the best remedy for excessive worriers, particularly for those that obsess about health, can be classified as a perfectionist. They often are depressed when they fail to reach personal high standards. The person’s symptoms are usually worse in colder weather, and they are also very sensitive to any pain.
- Aurum metallicum: A remedy for the workaholic with a tendency toward worthlessness, despair, and suicidal thoughts after a failure at work or in their personal life. Symptoms often worsen at night or during the winter months, but these individuals may find relief from soothing music.
- Calcarea Carbonica: Is often used for the reliable and hard-working types that become overwhelmed from physical illness, work, or worry. The person may also develop fatigue, anxiety, self-pity, discouragement, and confusion. This remedy is also best for people who sweat easily and who suffer from insomnia and periods of sluggishness.
- Causticum: Is the necessary homeopathic remedy when the person is depressed after a loss or when grieving. Other indications for this remedy include forgetfulness, regularly crying, and mental dullness. The person is often also very sympathetic toward others, and they can have an angry and unenthusiastic outlook on the world.
- Cimicifuga: This is the recommended remedy for someone who is active and conversational during good times; however, they feel low and upset during episodes of depression. Other symptoms including headaches, neck pain, and painful menstrual periods.
- Ignatia amara:Is often best for sensitive people that tend to suppress disappointment or grief. They also do not want to appear vulnerable, defensive, temperamental, or guarded in the eyes of others. They can cry easily on occasion, and burst into tears or laughter for no particular reason. Some of the other symptoms may also include insomnia, headaches and abdominal cramps.
- Kali phosphoricum: The person that requires kali phosphoricum will likely feel depressed after prolonged periods of emotional stress or excitement. They may also experience nervousness, exhaustion, lack of concentration, headaches, insomnia, anemia, sensitivity to the cold, and indigestion.
- Lachesis muta: Is the appropriate remedy when depression is caused by jealously, suspicion, or repressed feelings. It is also prescribed for people who dislike commitment or confinement. This remedy for a person who worries’s a lot very talkative, and experiences menopausal depression.
- Natrum carbonicum: Is considered the best remedy for people who are selfless, gentle, and mild by nature. The person tends to avoid conflict and usually becomes depressed after a disappointment of some kind. When they feel lonely, they are most likely to isolate themselves, withdrawn, they often want to listen to sad music. Other symptoms will include nervousness and sensitivities to weather changes, sun, and certain foods.
- Natrum muraticum: The person that requires natrum muraticum will often hide inner feelings such as anger, fear of misfortune, grief, or affection. They are also responsible, reserved, guarded, and they seek solitude. Although they also seek sympathy, they can become angry if someone attempts to console them. Other symptoms include migraines, insomnia, back pain, anxiety, and hopelessness.
- Phosphoric acid:Is the best remedy for the person who is dull, indifferent, and apathetic. Other symptoms include loss of appetite and often feeling overwhelmed from working too hard, grief, people who are studying, or heartbreak. They desire to drink juices, often speak in short phrases, and experience night sweats. Symptoms often worsen from sleeping.
- Pulsatilla nigricans: Is often used for people who become tearful and sad when depressed, and they desire lots of comfort and attention. They are also very changeable in mood, jealous, and whiny. The person’s mood will improve with fresh air, crying, and light even exercise. Pulsatilla nigricans is the best remedy when depression occurs in conjunction with menopause, menstrual periods, or puberty.
- Sepia:Sepia is the best remedy when a person is overwhelmed from loved ones. They also want to be alone and they may become angry when disturbed. They may feel better after crying and they prefer not to be consoled. Other related symptoms include digestion problems and menstrual issues.
- Staphysagria: Is the best homeopathic remedy for a person who is sensitive, quiet, and emotional. The person may be obsessed working and have a problem standing up to others. The depression can be caused by shame, resentment, suppressed emotions, and hurt feelings. When under pressure, they may experience fits of rage. They may also have a high sex drive and experience insomnia, headaches, toothaches, stomach aches, and stress-related bladder infections.
Always consult with a homeopathic practitioner for the chosen remedy and its dosage instructions. During the treatment of depression if you feel your symptoms doesn’t improve then consult and seek further advice you’re your homeopath for a more appropriate remedy.
- Stop thinking about It: Only if it was that easy, not to think about it? There are varieties of coping strategies put into place but simply saying Don’t Worry isn’t the answer.
Instead what should be said: ask if there is anything you can do to help try to understand what is happening?
- Everyone feels anxious. Anxiety is natural for anyone to feel; sometimes anxiety encourages us to complete tasks that we are unable to complete. But when anxiety stops you from completing even the simplest task that’s what the problem is!
Instead what should be said, encouragement is the Key making sure this person has someone to talk to, ask them are they okay?
- I’m stressed too. Everyone knows that one person who tries to take over the conversation, what some people don’t realise, it’s very difficult to Control the thoughts in your Mind, and Anxiety tends to maximize every thought.
Instead what should be said, making sure your calm and not to say You are Stressed Out! Before you even try to calm them down!
- I know how you feel. Unless you have experience is dealing with Anxiety Patients or have experienced anxiety yourself you don’t know how I feel! So please do stop saying you know how they feel!
Instead what should be said, I know I can’t understand how you are feeling, but can you explain what you’re feeling?
- You are being dramatic, we all know that our thoughts can be irrational at times, but that is how our brain functions. It’s like typing a command on the Computer and seeing 1,500 results opened all at the same time, which you’re not able to stop from opening. Just because Anxiety is invisible does not mean it is not real!
Instead what should be said, few of the methods people say is good for anxiety are (breathing methods and yoga exercise, listening to Music), they are good but doesn’t work all the Time! Sometimes it’s Okay to feel this way. I know your anxiety can be difficult, but WE Are All Here For You!!!
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!